Lentils are a relatively low calorie, high protein and high fibre pantry staple that are super easy to prepare. Lentils readily absorb sauces, so they’re great in flavoursome curries, chillis and soups. We are loving this spiced chilli recipe from nutritionist Chloe Moir
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- ½ Tbsp cumin powder
- ½ Tbsp ground coriander
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 heaped tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 can Chantal Organics Tomatoes Whole Peeled
- 1 can Chantal Organics Lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 Tbsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
Gently cook the onion and garlic in coconut oil. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the a boil.
Turn down to a gentle boil, place the lid on and cook for 20 minutes and the chili has thickened up to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Serve with your choice of sides such as fresh spinach, brown rice, quinoa or guacamole.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)