Indian Spinach Curry
This vegetarian curry is tasty and loaded with nutritious greens. You can add frozen greens (spinach and peas) and whatever greens you have a glut of in your garden. Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese that can be found in most supermarkets.
- 1 block paneer cheese, cubed
- 1 bag spinach leaves (we love The Fresh Grower)
- ½ bag green kale salad (we love The Fresh Grower)
- ½ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp avocado oil & chilli (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup roast unsalted cashews, roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chilli, diced
- 1tbsp garam masala
- Chantal Organics Sea Salt Fine, to taste
- To serve:
- 2 basmati fragrant white rice microwave pouches (we love SunRice)
- 1 pack Naan bread, heated (we love Giannis)
- To serve
- Emerson’s Hazed and Confused beer
- We used a Le Creuset casserole dish
Heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a deep set frying pan. Add the diced onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Add the garam masala and coconut milk and fry for 1 minute. Add the spinach and kale in batches (it will wilt down immensely).
Once the greens have wilted down use a blending stick and blend until smooth. Alternatively let it cool then blitz in a blender.
Heat the other tablespoon of avocado oil in a nonstick pan. Add the cubed paneer and fry until golden, about five minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
Pour the blended curry sauce over the paneer and add the cashew nuts.
Heat the basmati microwave pouches and naan breads as per instructions.
Serve the spinach curry over rice with naan breads.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)