Chicken & Prawn laksa
There are many variations of laksa in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Laksa is basically a spicy noodle soup with meat or seafood. Chicken and Prawns are the perfect combination for this spicy fragrant dish.
- 4 chicken breasts - chopped into small pieces (we love Waitoa)
- 2 cups prawns - defrosted, shelled and deveined (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- A 3 cm cube fresh ginger - minced
- 1 fresh chilli - finely chopped
- 3 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 x 400ml Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- A handful of green beans, trimmed and sliced through the middle
- 2 packets ready cooked Spaghetti (we love Diamond Heat & Eat)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- fresh lime wedges
- A handful of fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful of fresh Mint (we love Superb Herb)
- We used a heavy based Le Creuset casserole pot to make this
In a large pot over a medium heat, heat the coconut oil, then add the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the laksa paste and continue to cook for a further minute.
Add the coconut cream and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer.
Add the chicken breast, prawns and the beans. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Season with sugar taste.
Divide the warmed cooked spaghetti into four serving bowls. Pour the laksa curry over the noodles, Arrange chicken, prawns, beans attractively and top with sprouts, coriander, mint and fresh limes.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)