Easter Pita French Toast
A lovely twist on the classic French toast! Perfect for Easter made with pita breads filled with mixed berries and paired with the tasty & salty bacon. Serve with some good quality vanilla ice cream to complete the ultimate Easter breakfast treat with family. Happy Easter!
- 3 fresh eggs (we love Woodland)
- ½ can (200g) Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (we love Mrs Rogers)
- A pinch salt
- 4 big pita breads (we love Giannis)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, for cooking
- 8 rasher manuka smoked streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- To Serve
- A dizzle of Chantal Organics Creamed Honey
- Vanilla bean ice cream (or your favourite dairy free ice cream or yoghurt)
- Extra frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 220C.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, raw sugar, coconut cream, cinnamon and salt.
Heat pitas in the microwave for 1 minute (to soften). Make a small incision in the pita breads and fill the centre with 3-4 tbsp frozen berries
Dip the stuffed pita bread into the egg mixture and let soak for 5 minutes
In a fry pan over medium heat, fry the french toast for at least 4-5 minutes on each side in a little coconut oil – until completely golden and cooked through and berries have softened inside
Finish off in a 220C oven for 10 minutes.
Leave in the oven to keep hot and continue cooking through until ready to serve.
Fry or grill the bacon over a high heat until golden and crispy.
Serve the french toast and bacon hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some extra berries and a drizzle of honey.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)