- 500g lamb rump, diced (we love Pure South)
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g kumara, cut into small chunks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander (we love Mrs. Rogers)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (we love Mrs. Rogers)
- 2 tsp Moroccan Ras El Hanout (we love Mrs. Rogers)
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 8-10 Fresh Life Medjool Dates, cut in half and pit removed (we love Fresh Life)
- 2 tsp fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds, optional, to garnish
- 1 box couscous (we love Diamond Meals)
- A handful Fresh Life slivered almonds, toasted (we love Fresh Life)
- We used a Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Tagine
Heat the oil in a tagine or a large pan, add the onion and lamb, then quickly fry until the lamb is lightly browned.
Add the kumara, capsicum and spices, then mix well. Pour in 1 ½ cup boiling water and the tomato paste, then bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until kumara and lamb are tender, add the dates and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and pomegranate seeds.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
Serve the tagine with couscous topped with almonds.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)