Beet And Ricotta Hummus With Crispy Baked Garlic Pita Chips
We use canned chickpeas to make this beet and ricotta hummus with crispy baked garlic pita chips super easy. You can be creative with this recipe, adding in extra herbs, spices and other baked vegetables. The ricotta makes the hummus ultra creamy whilst the beetroot adds depth and beautiful colour.
- For the hummus:
- 2 beetroots
- 1 x 400g can Chantal Organics Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Hulled Tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the pita chips:
- 1 pack wholemeal pita breads (we love Giannis)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
- To serve:
- Handful chopped mint (we love Superb Herb)
- Handful chopped parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- Equipment: Tin foil
Preheat oven to 200C. Wrap the beetroots in tin foil and bake for 1.5 hours until soft in the centre. Remove tinfoil and peel off the skin and let cool.
Cut each pita into 4 chips. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Line two baking trays with baking paper. Lay the pita chips and bake for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through, until crispy and golden.
In a food processor, process the roast beetroot, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ricotta, salt, garlic, cumin and olive oil until smooth.
Serve the hummus alongside the hot pita chips and a sprinkling of herbs.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)