Lamb, Rosemary & Garlic Sausage Rolls
by Fresh Factory
These lamb sausage rolls are the perfect dish for the next time you are hosting a get together or need to take a plate to a friends. There is just something about sausage rolls that never gets tired or old. It doesn’t matter who you are serving, they are always a good option and the first thing people reach for! In this recipe, the flavoursome lamb mince takes the sausage rolls to new levels. Simply irresistible!
- 500g Lamb Mince (we love Pure South)
- Avocado oil with rosemary (we love Olivado)
- 1 onion - finely chopped a handful of rosemary leaves, chopped
- 4 clove garlic - minced ½ cup red wine (we love Ara)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 2 eggs
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen extra rosemary to garnish
- Chantal Organics Tomato Sauce to serve
We used a Le Creuset Non-stick fry pan to cook the onion and a non-stick baking sheet to cook the sausage rolls.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, rosemary and garlic and cook until softened. Let cool.
3. Moisten the breadcrumbs with red wine.
4. Place cooked onion mixture in a large bowl. Add the lamb, breadcrumbs, 1 egg and salt. Combine well.
5. Divide the mixture into 2 portions. Place one portion down the centre of each pastry half. Place the remaining eggs in a small bowl and lightly beat. Brush the pastry edges with egg and roll to enclose. Place the rolls, seam-side down, on 2 oven trays and brush with the egg.
6. Using a small sharp knife, cut slits in the top of the sausage rolls. Cook for 25–30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Serve with rosemary sprigs and tomato sauce.