Homemade “Marmite-like” Savoury Spread
by The Chantal Team
Love marmite? Try this modern, all-natural version; it’s free from sugar, additives and artificial colours! Our delicious version features black tahini which is made from black sesame seeds. These dark, little seeds are loaded with anthocyanins, a flavonoid that gives the rich colour, provides powerful antioxidant activity, plus anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-cancer benefits. Sesame seeds are also a great source of plant-based calcium. This marmite-like spread is easy to make, stores well and is packed full of nutrition too!
- 120g Chantal Organics Black Tahini
- 60ml Chantal Organics Tamari
- 40ml filtered water
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for up to 2 months.