Chicken Tahini Lettuce Cups
by Natalie Brady
Quick, easy, nutritious and packed full of flavour, these chicken tahini lettuce wraps are proof that healthy eating can be delicious! They can be made in 20 minutes which is another bonus! Filled with wholesome ingredients, they are perfect for a light lunch or dinner, or can be enjoyed as an appetizer.
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 carrots, julienned or thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Organics Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Organics Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cos or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 1.5 Tbsp Chantal Organics Tamari
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. To make the tahini dressing add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
2. Cook vermicelli as per instructions.
3. Heat a medium sized fry pan over medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the chicken, garlic, turmeric, chili flakes, salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until it starts to brown and is cooked through.
4. Add carrots, spring onion, coriander and the tahini dressing, stir together until combined. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften the vegetables.
5. To serve – spoon the vermicelli noodles into the lettuce leaves, then spoon the chicken veggie mixture into the lettuce leaves. Enjoy immediately!