Healthy Holiday Truffles
by The Chantal team
These tasty little truffles are packed with wholesome ingredients and dipped in pure delight. We used Alter Eco Salted Dark Chocolate which complimented the sweetness of the fruit. Once dipped and rolled in coconut these truffles become moreish and beautiful, making them a perfect Christmas gift for the foodie on your list.
- ½ cup Chantal Organics apricots
- ½ cup Chantal Organics raisins
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup Chantal Organics sunflower seeds
- Juice and zest of ½ an orange
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the coating
- 2 Alter Eco Chocolate bars (we love Alter Eco)
- ½ cup Chantal Organics pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
- ½ cup Chantal Organics desiccated coconut
1. Blitz the dried fruit, nuts and seeds in a blender into a chunky and sticky dough-like consistency. Add the orange, cinnamon and vanilla and pulse a few times to combine.
2. With wet hands, roll into small balls. Chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
3. Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler or bowl of hot water.
4. Stick a wooden skewer into each truffle and then dip carefully into the chocolate. 5. Gently roll in crushed pumpkin seeds and desiccated coconut.
6. Place on a plate lined with baking paper. Put the truffles in the fridge for another half an hour or so to set.