Chorizo & Cheddar Breakfast Waffles
by Fresh Factory
These savoury corn waffles are made with spicy chorizo and tasty cheddar cheese for a full flavour. They are then topped with fried eggs, fresh kale and herbs for the ultimate Sunday breakfast!
For the waffle batter
- 4 chorizo sausage, chopped finely (we love Hellers)
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk ½ cup butter, melted (we love Anchor)
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Golden Sugar
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Soda
- 2 large eggs (we love Woodland)
- ½ cup Chantal Organics White Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- Chantal Organics Fine Sea Salt
½ cup grated cheddar cheese (we love Mainland)
1 cup kale leaves
A handful of mixed fresh soft herb, such as basil, parsley (we love Superb Herb)
Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
4 eggs (we love Woodland)
- Fry off the chorizo until golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, shift in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. In another bowl, mix together buttermilk, sugar, a pinch of salt, eggs, melted butter and chorizo. Combine the wet and dry mix with a spatula.
- Heat the waffle maker with a dash of avocado cooking oil. When hot, pour the waffle batter. Sprinkle a little cheese and cook until done. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Fry eggs until white is cooked but yolk is still runny. Stir fry the kale quickly with a dash of avocado oil to just warm through and season.
- Stack the waffles with relish, kale and top with fried egg and fresh herbs.