Wholegrain Pasta with Kale Pesto
by Tereza Poljanic
A healthfully green pasta dish from one of our favourite foodies Tereza Poljanic.
- 200g wholegrain spaghetti
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Chantal pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Chantal apple cider vinegar
- 1 handful pinenuts
1. Cook spaghetti as per cooking instructions. We add ours to a pot of boiling water for 8-12 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile make the pesto. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan until they start popping. Then put them into a food processor with kale, garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil, parmesan, basil and apple cider vinegar.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Drain the pasta and reserve 2 tbsp of pasta water.
5. Mix reserved water with pesto then stir into the cooked pasta.
6. Lastly, add fresh rocket, snow peas and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Note: for a vegan option, you can replace the parmesan with the same quantity of nutritional yeast.
Serve as is, or top with crumbled goats cheese.