Vietnamese Tofu Turmeric Pancakes
by Fresh Factory
Fans of healthy Asian Cuisine will love these colourful Vietnamese pancakes stuffed with tofu, vegetables and herbs. They are easy to make and vegan friendly.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup iced water
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- Chantal Organics Sesame Oil for frying
- 1 block organic tofu, sliced (we love Bean Supreme)
For the toppings:
- 1 head cos Lettuce, shredded (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A handful bean sprouts
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh mint & coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful roasted peanuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
Dumpling sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1. Combine all of the pancake ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large fry pan over a high heat, fry the tofu, 2 or 3 slices at a time in a little sesame oil until golden on both sides.
3. Pour a ladle of batter around the tofu and continue to cook until the batter is cooked through.No flipping necessary. Transfer to a plate.
4. On one half of the pancake, top with all of the toppings and a drizzle of sriracha and dumpling sauce. Fold in half and serve warm!