Vanilla and Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge
by Chloe Moir
Quinoa originated in the Andies as an ancient grain crop grown for its edible seeds. It’s packed with plant based protein, and can be used just like any other grain.
- 1/2 cup of Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1 cup of cooked Chantal Organics Quinoa (approx 1/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Organics Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp ground Chantal Organics Brown Linseeds
- Pinch of Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
Toppings: fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey or Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
1. First cook your quinoa according to packet directions. 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa with half a cup of water should give you 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
2. Place all ingredients in a pot and boil gently for 3- 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
3. Add additional milk until your desired porridge consistency is achieved.
Top with your favourite seasonal fruit, your choice of yoghurt and a drizzle of our honey or apple syrup.