Vanilla and Cinnamon Quinoa Porridge
by Chloe Moir
Quinoa originated in the Andies as an ancient grain crop grown for its edible seeds. It’s packed with plant based protein, and can be used just like any other grain.
- 1/2 cup of Chantal coconut milk
- 1 cup of cooked Chantal quinoa (approx 1/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Chantal chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground Chantal linseeds
- Pinch of Chantal fine sea salt salt Toppings: fresh fruit and a drizzle of Chantal honey or apple syrup
1. First cook your quinoa according to packet directions. 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa with half a cup of water should give you 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
2. Place all ingredients in a pot and boil gently for 3- 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
3. Add additional milk until your desired porridge consistency is achieved.
Top with your favourite seasonal fruit, your choice of yoghurt and a drizzle of our honey or apple syrup.