Spider Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (Halloween)
by Fresh Factory
These spider cookie ice cream sandwiches are not only cute and spooky, but they’re fun for kids to help make. Perfect for Halloween or a fun birthday treat. Don’t worry – they’re delicious for grown-ups too!
For the Cookies:
- 125g Mainland Unsalted Butter
- 200g Chantal Organics Golden Sugar
- 300g Chantal Organics Classic Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 large Woodland Egg
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Extract
- 225g Chantal Organics White Flour
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- Kapiti Salted Caramel & Cashew Ice Cream
- 12 Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cups
- 24 Small White Round Lollies, such as tic-tacs
- Licorice, pulled into long strips
- Alter Eco Superdark Blackout Chocolate, melted
- In a stand alone mixer or bowl with an electric whisk, mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add an egg mixing vigorously, then peanut butter and vanilla extract. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and fold to incorporate.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Remove cookie dough from fridge then scoop tablespoon amounts of dough for each cookie. Roll each spoonful into a ball then flatten with a wet fork, leaving a little space in between each cookie on the baking tray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- To make the spiders: Pour your melted chocolate into a piping bag (or fill a ziplock and cut a tiny hole in one corner). Dot pupils on the white round lollies to make eyes, then stick the eyes to the upside down peanut butter cups with the melted chocolate. Draw 8 legs onto the flat side of cooled cookies with melted chocolate, place the spider head in the middle, then stick the licorice legs on top of the melted chocolate.
- Scoop the ice cream into 12 balls. Sandwich the ice cream between two cookies, with the spider cookie on top. Eat straight away or store in the freezer. Fun!