Salami, Tomato and Rosemary Flatbread
by Fresh Factory
This is an easy and delicious flatbread recipe made with a base of good flour, good yogurt and good oil, that’s it! Once you make this you will be hooked. Great served topped with tasty salami, tomato and herbs, oh and don’t forget the garlic butter!
For the dough
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt (we love Anchor)
- 1 cup Chantal Organics White Flour
- 2 teaspoons Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A pinch of Chantal Organics Sea Salt Fine
- Extra flour for the board
- 100g butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
For the topping
- 200g salami, sliced (we love Hellers)
- 250g mini tomatoes (we love Beekist)
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
- Italian burrata cheese or your favourite mozzarella
- Chantal Organics Sea Salt Fine
- Pea shoots to garnish (we love Superb Herb)
- Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
We cooked both the flatbread and the toppings on a Le Creuset signature 3-ply stainless steel non-stick frying pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt and olive oil. Bring the dough together with your hands to form a soft, but not sticky dough. You may need to add more flour or yoghurt to get the right consistency.
- Once the dough is formed into a smooth ball, place it on a floured surface. Using a knife divide the dough into 6 even sized balls. Roll the each dough ball out to a 20cm diameter circle. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible as this will ensure the bread cooks evenly on both sides with a nice air bubbles in between.
- Heat a large non stick fry pan over medium heat. While the fry pan is heating melt together the butter, minced garlic and salt in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Place one flat dough on the hot fry pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon some garlic butter all over the top. Allow the bread to toast well and bubble up for about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully turn over the flat bread and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all flatbreads are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the salami slices with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook tomatoes in the same fry pan with rosemary, then break them lightly with a fork. Keep warm.
- Serve flatbread topped with tomato mixture, salami, rosemary, Burrata and pea shoots. Enjoy!