Red Kidney Bean Coconut Curry
by Jose Stichbury
A plant based curry with the anti-inflammatory powers of turmeric, ginger and cinnamon.
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 can Chantal Organics Red Kidney Beans
- 1 bunch broccoli, kai lan (Chinese broccoli) or bok choy
- 1 handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- Peel the onion and slice into thin strips. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based fry pan and add the onion. Cook stirring occasionally for a few minutes then add the garlic.
- Finely slice the chilli and add to the pan along with the can of tomatoes.
- Add the spices, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, sugar and water and mix well.
- Wash the greens, trim the stems and cut into bite size pieces. Add to the curry and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and add to the curry.
- When the beans are heated through and the greens are al dente, the curry is ready.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with fresh coriander.