Quinoa and Strawberry Salad with Apple-Lime Vinaigrette
by The Chantal team
This fresh, summer salad is the perfect accompaniment for your summer BBQ. The flavour of the fresh strawberries and mint are brought to life with the apple-lime dressing. Quinoa is a healthy, plant-based source of protein and gluten free too.
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Quinoa
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 3 Tbsp dry roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet directions and set aside to cool.
- Prep the strawberries, cucumber, avocado, spring onions and mint and add to a large bowl.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid until well combined.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the large bowl and drizzle with lime Vinaigrette. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on top and serve immediately.