Plum & Strawberry Chia Jam
by Gemma Fitzpatrick
Many pre-packaged jams come filled with artificial flavours, preservatives and high levels of refined sugar. When mixed with liquid, chia seeds expand into plump pearls, making them the perfect consistency for a wholefood jam that’s high in plant based protein and omega 3’s.
- 1 1/2 cups diced plums
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Brown Rice Syrup
- Place the plums and strawberries into a saucepan on low heat. Add a splash of water and cook gently for around 15 minutes or until the fruit has almost broken down.
- Remove from the hear and stir in the chia seeds and rice syrup.
- Leave in pan for an hour and stir every 15 minutes to prevent clumping.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge.
Chia seed jam is dreamy spread over warm toast, or dolloped atop your favourite granola and yoghurt.