Overnight Buckwheat with Strawberry Compote
by Tereza Poljanic
Buckwheat is a seed rather than a grain with a slightly nutty and earthy flavor. It’s a good source of plant based protein, and a tasty alternative to oats for breakfast. We love this recipe any time of the day - thank you Tereza!
- 1 cup Chantal buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup almond or Chantal coconut milk
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp Chantal brown rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen - if frozen use at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp Chantal honey
1. Cover buckwheat with warm water let sit overnight. Then drain and rinse.
2. In a blender combine strawberries and honey until they become a puree then pour into the bottoms of two glass jars.
3. In the same blender, blend the soaked buckwheat groats with the remaining ingredients on the highest setting until smooth.
4. Pour into jars over the compote and serve with fresh fruit and a garnish of mint.
Top with sliced strawberries, plain greek or coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of melted honey.