Hemp Heart, Nut & Seed Clusters
by Jose Stichbury
These crunchy hemp seed clusters make a delicious protein packed snack on their own, sprinkle on top of salads or soups for added texture or add them to an entertaining platter.
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Activated Almonds
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Psyllium Powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Tamari Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 120ºC fan bake and line 2 baking trays.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Combine the wet ingredients and then add to the dry and stir well to combine. The mixture should come together as the psyllium absorbs the water.
- Divide the mix between the two prepared trays and roughly spread over each tray to form clusters.
- Place the trays into the oven and bake for up to 1 hour.
- The clusters are ready when they come off the tray easily and hold together. They may be a little soft when they first come out but should harden up as they cool. If not, return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the clusters to cool completely before transferring to a tightly sealed container to store at room temperature.
- Clusters should keep well for a couple of weeks if they’ve been properly baked and all the moisture evaporated.