Chocolate Raspberry Nut Butter Cups
by Renee Sexton
A guilt-free special filled with moreish nut butter and deliciously sweet chia jam.
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Raw Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Chantal Organics Almond Butter
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 5 tbsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 5 tbsp water
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Chantal Naturals Flaked Sea Salt
- Goji berries
1. In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup until it combines. While it melts, place mini cupcake liners in a cupcake tray, ready to pour the chocolate in to.
2. While the chocolate mixture is melting place the raspberries, chia seeds, lemon and water in a bowl and mix well. Set aside and let the chia seeds expand, mixing every couple of minutes.
3. Once the chocolate has melted scoop 1 tsp of chocolate into each liner and place in the freezer for five minutes.
4. Once the chocolate has hardened to touch, remove from freezer. Use a teaspoon and scoop a ½ tsp of nut butter into the middle of each chocolate cup.
5. On top of the nut butter place a ½ tsp of chia jam. After topping each chocolate cup, finish them off with a tsp of the leftover chocolate mix.
6. Lastly, sprinkle with some coconut flakes, goji berries, salt or raspberries and place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. Once they’ve hardened, they can be stored in the fridge. They’ll last for a couple of weeks. Be sure to remove from the fridge to soften for a minute or two before eating.
Note: if you’re using frozen raspberries, make sure to take them out of the freezer beforehand so that they have a little time to defrost before you begin.