Chickpea and Lentil Patties
by Rebecca Hutchings
These vegetarian patties are filled with plant based protein, and re-heat nicely – so they can be made in advance and are great for a quick yet healthy lunch at the office.
- 1/2 - 1 onion, diced
- Chantal Organics Deodorised Coconut Oil
- 400g Chantal Organics Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 400g Chantal Organics Lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp Italian herbs (or any mixed herbs)
- 1.5 cups oat flour
1. Brown off onion in tsp of coconut oil (remove from heat when cooked).
2. Place chickpeas and lentils in mixing bowl and mash until desired consistency (can either mash completely or leave some whole for texture in the patty).
3. Grate carrot and courgette and add to chickpea and lentil mixture.
4. Add egg, sweet chilli sauce, onion, herbs and salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
5. Add oat flour intermittently, mixing as you go until sticky enough to hold in thick patties.
6. Heat coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat.
7. Cook patties in coconut oil until golden brown then flip and cook on other side until golden brown.
8. Reduce heat to low and cover patties for 10 minutes or until cooked.
Serve with your favourite seasonal salad.