Apple Pie Grainola
by Georgina Shearsby Roberts
We can’t get enough of this apple pie grainola recipe! Made with fibre rich buckwheat groats and our New Zealand apple syrup, it adds a delightfully sweet crunch sprinkled atop fruit and yoghurt or your favourite smoothie bowl.
- 1 cup Chantal buckwheat groats
- ½ cup Chantal rolled oats
- ¼ cup Chantal dried apricots
- ¼ cup Chantal sultanas
- ¼ cup Macadamias
- ¼ cup Coconut chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Chantal ginger powder
- ½ cup Chantal apple syrup
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place oats, buckwheat, macadamias, and coconut chips into a bowl. Add in spices and stir to combine. Chop apricots in half. Add apricots and sultanas into the bowl.
3. Add in the apple syrup and mix so that it covers everything. Add more syrup if it still looks dry.
4. Place mixture onto a nonstick baking tray and bake for 10 minutes*. Take out and mix, before placing back into the oven for 5 minutes.
* Baking times will vary with different ovens, so keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn or get too dry.
Serve on top of smoothie bowls, as a cereal replacement with milk, or with coconut yoghurt.