Xmas Sausage Roll wreath
by Fresh Factory
This Christmas Sausage Roll wreath will become the centrepiece of your Xmas party. With only 3 main ingredients, these sausage rolls are so simple and quick to make and even easier to tear apart and gobble up!
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (we love Paneton)
- 1 packet of miso, beef & black rice burgers (we love Hellers)
- ¼ cup red wine (we love Ara Pinot Noir)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (we love Diamond)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten (we love Woodland)
To decorate and serve
- A handful sage rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
- Chantal Organics tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 220 ⁰C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix breadcrumbs, red wine, 1 egg & meat. Combine well. Unroll the pastry sheet. Make a thin line with the sausage meat along the middle of the pastry sheet. Make sure the meat gets right to the ends. Brush the top of the pastry sheet with beaten egg and roll up the sausage rolls.
- Place the sausage roll onto the baking tray, seam-side-down and make into a ring. Join the ends together with egg wash.
- Cut into the pastry to make small sausage rolls - cutting from the outside towards the middle, leaving the pastry in the middle of the ring intact. Twist each of the little piece 90 degrees so the filling is facing upwards.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry turns golden.
- Decorate with herbs and a small pot of tomato sauce in the middle of the wreath.