Wholegrain flat bread with smashed avo and toasted seeds
by Tereza Poljanic
Nothing beats homemade, especially when it comes to bread. Here’s a tasty recipe from the lovely Tereza at Teresamisu, that’s perfect for leisurely weekend lunching.
- 2 1/2 cups Chantal wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Chantal baking powder
- 350g plain coconut or greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp Chantal kale powder
- 3 tbsp Chantal Organics olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Chantal sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1. Add all of the flatbread ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine with a spoon. Then use clean hands to pat and bring mixture together into a ball.
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour then knead dough for a minute until everything comes together.
3. Put the dough into a floured-dusted bowl, cover with a plate, then leave aside.
4. Meanwhile make the smashed avocado. Open two ripe avocados and scoop out into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mash together with a fork.
5. Next you can toast the seeds. Simply add the seeds to a pan and toast gently until golden brown.
6. For the flatbreads, dust a clean work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in half. Then divide each half into 6 or 7 equal-sized pieces.
7. With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece.
8. Place the pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
Serve flat breads warm topped with smashed avocado, toasted seeds