by Fresh Factory
These quick and simple veggie enchiladas are the perfect healthy solution for your family weeknight meal. Dairy free and packed full of delicious (hidden) veggies. Your kids will love them and best of all, they won’t even know how good they are for them!
- Avocado Cooking Oil ( we love Olivado)
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum - finely chopped
- 1 sweet potato - cut into small cubes and parboiled
- ½ tsp cumin Chantal Organics powder
- ½ tsp Chantral Organics garlic powder
- ½ tsp Chantral Organics chili powder + 1 tsp for the corn kernels
- 1 can Chantal Organics black turtle beans, drained
- 1 can Chantal Organics chopped tomato
- 1 block Firm Style Tofu (we love Bean Supreme)
- 1 tbsp honey (we love Airborne Honey)
- Chantal Organics sea salt
- 1 bottle Chantal Organics passata
- 1 packet Wraps (ee love Giannis)
- 1 Avocado (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- A handful of coriander (We love Superb Herb)
- 1 canned corn kernels - drained
We used a Le Creuset non stick fry pan to cook the Enchilada filling and corn and baked the Enchilada in a Le Creuset Heritage Rectangular Dish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a heavy based pan over a medium heat, fry off the onion, garlic and capsicum in a drizzle of avocado cooking oil.
- Add the cumin, garlic powder and chilli and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato, crumbled firm tofu and sweet potato.
- Add honey and salt to taste.
- Divide the veggie mixture between 8 tortillas and roll them up. Place them in a stone baking dish lined up.
- Pour over the passata and drizzle some extra avocado oil and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.
- In a pan over a high heat, fry off the corn kernels with a drizzle of avocado oil. Season with salt and chilli powder. Fry until brown and starting to char.
- Top the enchiladas with sliced avo, grilled corn and fresh coriander.