by Tereza Poljanic
Who doesn’t love a burger? And this vegan version from the lovely Tereza Poljanic is just as satisfying as our classic comfort favourites.
- 1 can Chantal red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Chantal sea salt
- A pinch of pepper
- A handful of fresh basil and oregano
- 1 beetroot
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup Chantal jumbo oats
- 4 sourdough burger buns
- Lettuce leaves or mixed greens
- Sliced tomatoes
1. In a food processor, blend the oats into a fine flour. Then remove and set aside.
2. Add beetroot, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast to the food processor and blend until finely chopped.
3. Add the red kidney beans and oat flour to the mix, and pulse until you have a sticky dough.
4. Remove from food processor and set aside in the fridge for at least 30min.
5. Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan at a time on medium – high heat. Roll the mixture into burger patties and fry on each side for 2 mins. Serve on toasted burger buns with your choice of toppings – Enjoy!