Tofu Edamame Mushroom Burgers
by Fresh Factory
A tasty vegan burger recipe packed full of plant-based goodness. The homemade tofu burger patties are surprisingly easy to make and will even impress the meat eaters!
For the burgers
- 2 blocks firm tofu (we love Bean Supreme)
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ teaspoon Chantal Organics Sea Salt Fine
- ½ teaspoon Chantal Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Organics Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Sesame oil for cooking the burgers and mushrooms
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stalk removed (we love Meadow Mushrooms)
- A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
For the Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a food processor, blitz all the burger ingredients. Make burger patties as same size to the mushrooms.
- Make the Cashew Cream. Blend drained cashews, miso, syrup and lime juice in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the tofu burgers 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside. Add some more oil and fry mushrooms 3-4 minutes each side until tender.
- Place tofu burgers on a serving platter. Top with cashew cream, a mushroom, more cashew cream and some extra edamame. Finish with extra coriander and a skewer to complete the burger. Enjoy!