Christmas Spiced Muesli
by Danijela Unkovich
This muesli is inspired by the flavours of Christmas. It is sweetened naturally with honey, juicy dried figs and cranberries, and packs a delicious spice punch thanks to the cinnamon and ginger toasted rolled oats. A yummy breakfast to enjoy with fresh seasonal berries and creamy yoghurt in the lead-up to Christmas!
- 2 Tbsp Chantal coconut oil
- 1/4 cup runny honey
- 1 tsp Chantal cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chantal ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups Chantal rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Chantal sultanas
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 6 Chantal dried figs
1. Preheat the oven to bake 160 degrees celsius.
2. Add to a stove pot the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla essence. Melt over a low heat, stirring continuously.
3. Add oats to a large mixing bowl, and then pour over honey oil mixture. Toss oats evenly through until well coated.
4. Spoon onto a lined baking tray and evenly distribute. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until it starts to turn golden. Open the oven every five minutes or so during baking to toss oats around, so the oats evenly colour.
5. While the oats are in the oven, prepare the rest of the ingredients - finely slice dried fruit into bite-sized pieces, and chop almonds in half.
6. Once the oats are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Toss through sliced fruit, coconut, goji berries and chopped almonds. Store in an airtight container or jar.
Enjoy 1/2 cup of muesli as a serving with a few tablespoons of your favourite yoghurt, fresh fruit and your milk of choice.