Thai Prawn Dumpling Red Curry
by Fresh Factory
Lovely pink prawn dumplings and fresh green courgette noodles served in a creamy, spicy satay red curry borth. This is a colourful and exotic wonder sure to impress!—yet simple to make.
For the Curry
- 12 Pre-made prawn dumplings (United food co)
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil (We love Olivado)
- 1 onion - thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock (we love Simon Gault )
- ¼ cup sliced bamboo shoots (canned)
- 2 tsp Chantal Organic golden sugar
- 3 large courgettes - spiralized into noodles
- 1 lemon - wedges
- 1 spring onion - sliced thinly
- A handful fresh coriander (Superb herb)
- A handful fresh chives (Superb herb)
We used a Le Creuset heavy based pot to make our curry
1. a large pot over a medium heat, fry off the off the onion, ginger and garlic in coconut oil until soft and translucent. 2. Add the red curry paste and peanut butter and fry off for a further minute.
3. Add the coconut cream and stock to the pot, bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer. Taste and add sugar if necessary. Add the prawn dumplings and bamboo shoots and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Divide the courgette noodles between bowls and pour over the satay curry. Top with dumplings, coriander, chives, spring onion and lemon.