Thai Coconut Prawn Soup
by Fresh Factory
This light, Thai prawn coconut soup is so simple yet incredibly fragrant and moreish. You won’t be able to stop at just one bowl - and that’s ok because the health levels on this bad boy are through the roof!
- 1 litre vegetable stock (we love Simon Gault)
- 1 piece of ginger, minced 2 lemongrass stalks - bruised with back of knife but kept whole (we love Superb Herb)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 spring onion 1 tbsp fish Sauce 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 8 large prawns in shell (we love Sea Cuisine)
- A handful of Thai basil and coriander to garnish (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 red chilli - thinly sliced
1. Bring the vegetable stock up to a rolling boil in a large, heavy based pot. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, ginger and spring onions. Simmer for 10-15 minutes to let the flavours amalgamate.
2. Add the coconut milk and bring back up to a gentle simmer. Add the chilli, sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce.
3. Add the prawns until they turn completely orange (between 2-3 minutes) and the soup is brought back up to a rolling boil.
4. Spoon the soup into bowls and garnish with lime wedges, thai basil and coriander.