Tasty Rice Salad with Charred Sweet Stem Broccoli & Coconut
by Fresh Factory
This tasty rice salad is a delicious vegetarian meal. We love the coconut spicy dressing with the yummy fresh greens and the nutty brown rice and quinoa. Yum!
- 1 packet sweet stem broccoli (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of green beans, steamed 1 cup peas, blanched
- 1 microwave pouch of brown rice & quinoa (we love Sunrice)
- A handful coriander, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, toased (we love Alison Pantry)
- Chantal Organics Coconut Oil for frying
For the Dressing:
- ½ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds (we love Mrs Rogers)
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics Turmeric Powder
- A handful curry leaves
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics Chilli Flakes
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- For the dressing: In a deep frying pan over a medium heat, dry fry the mustard seeds, chilli, curry leaves and turmeric for 2 minutes. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and add the ginger. Fry for a further 2-5 minutes until golden and fragrant. Add the coconut milk and gently bring up to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes so the flavours all melt into each other.
- Heat the BBQ or griddle pan up to a medium heat. Drizzle the sweet stem broccoli with coconut oil and a sprinkling of salt then grill until charred and cooked but still firm.
- Heat the rice as per packet instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet stem broccoli, green beans, peas, rice, coriander, coconut, lime juice and zest.
- Pour onto a beautiful serving dish and drizzle with the coconut dressing.
- Serve warm.
More Recipes You May Like
Dips & Dressings
Coconut Rice and Chicken Salad
Dips & Dressings
Coconut Poached Fish with Asian Greens & Tahini Coconut Sauce