Summer Streaky Bacon & Asparagus Tart
by Fresh Factory
Streaky caramelised bacon, ricotta and asparagus puff pastry tart with a dash of zesty, spicy goodness.. The perfect rustic summer recipe for any garden party or picnic.
- Natural Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 packet Streaky Bacon - ( we love Kiwi Bacon)
- 1 roll (350g) Puff Pastry (we love Paneton Bakery)
- 1 bunch Asparagus - blanched and refreshed
- 1 cup ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
- 200g Goat Cheese
- 1 Lemon - zest grated
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Chilli Flakes
- A drizzle Honey (we love Airborne)
- A handful of Fresh Basil (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 free-range egg - beaten (we love Frenz)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the puff pastry on the baking tray. Using a small sharp knife, gently score a 2cm border around the edge of the pastry and prick the centre with a fork.
- Using a pastry brush (or your fingers if you don’t have one) brush the 2cm edge all the way round the rectangle with the beaten egg.
- Spread the centre square of the pasty with ricotta, lemon zest and chilli flakes leaving the border uncovered by the filling.
- Evenly but rustically place the blanched and refreshed asparagus on top of the ricotta mixture and ribbon the raw bacon strips in between.Dot with chunks of goats cheese.
- Drizzle with avocado cooking oil, honey and a few extra chilli flakes.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until edges have risen and pastry and bacon is golden and crispy!
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serve with a crispy glass of Ara Pinot Gris