Strawberry & Orange Sangria Popsicles
by Fresh Factory
These cocktail pops are a delicious blend of summer fruits, rose, vodka and mint. The perfect summer treat! Warning - keep out of reach of children - these bad boys are for mum and dad ONLY.
- 1 punnet of strawberries - leaves removed - ¼ sliced
- 3 oranges - all skins removed, 2 segmented - keep the leftover flesh
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- A handful mint (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics golden granulated sugar
- 2 cups rosé wine (we love Ara)
- 50 ml vodka
- freeze-dried berries (we love fresh as)
- In a food processor, blitz together the leftover orange flesh + extra orange, rose and sugar until pureed. Strain and set aside.
- In the same food processor, blitz together the ¾ of the strawberries with the vodka,lime juice and mint. Set aside.
- Place the sliced strawberries, orange segments frozen raspberries and whole mint leaves in the popsicle mold up to the halfway point. Top with the orange rose mixture to the halfway point. Pop in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After the first layer has reasonably set, pour the strawberry vodka mixture on top to fill the mould and place sticks through the centre. Freeze for for a least 3 hours - overnight preferred.
- Dust with freeze- dried raspberries before serving!