Spelt & Buckwheat Quiche
by Tereza Poljanic
We’re loving this light and tasty quiche from Tereza Poljanic of Teresamisu. It’s perfect for picnic lunches, potluck dinners and dining alfresco in summer.
- 110g spelt flour
- 10g Chantal buckwheat flour
- 90g butter, chilled
- 2 tbsp water (more if needed)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup kale or silverbeet
- 1 tsp chopped thyme and oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 300 ml almond milk
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 60g goat feta cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Firstly, make the crust. Cut the butter into smaller pieces. Lightly rub the flour into the pieces using your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and finish mixing it when you get a round dough. Be careful not to overdo it. Rest the dough for 30min in the fridge.
- Meanwhile prep the filling by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl except for the asparagus.
- Remove the crust from fridge and roll it using a rolling pin to around 5mm thickness.
- Line a pie tin with the crust then in the filling and lay the asparagus on top.
- Crumble the feta over the quiche and bake on 200 degrees Celcius for 20-30min.
Serve with a fresh, green salad.