by Chloe Moir
A wholesome, yet tasty alternative to pre-made snacks, ideal for school lunches or morning and afternoon tea at the office.
- 1 large courgette/zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp of Chantal whole brown linseeds
- ¼ cup Chantal arrowroot powder
- ½ cup of Chantal pumpkin seeds, plus extra to sprinkle on top of the muffins
- ½ tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 1 tsp Chantal baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Place the whole flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds into a blender and blend into a fine powder. Set aside.
3. Place grated courgette in a bowl and using your hands, squeeze out as much water as possible.
4. Mix the capsicum, red onion and garlic into the courgette. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
5. To the bowl add the ground flaxseed and pumpkin seeds, arrowroot powder, salt and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients through until combined.
6. Line a muffin tin with baking paper or muffin cases. ¾ fill the muffin cases, top with extra pumpkin seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.