Salmon Quinoa Sushi
by Natalie Brady
This easy sushi recipe uses quinoa instead of rice. We are loving this delicious alternative and the extra protein too! The home-made dressing holds the quinoa together and also adds an amazing taste to the almighty sushi roll.
- 1 cup Chantal quinoa
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/3 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400g salmon steak, thinly sliced
- 6-8 nori sheets
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Chantal tamari
- 1 tsp Chantal tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
1. Cook quinoa in water for 15 minutes (according to instructions). Rinse and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix all dressing ingredients together until it makes a creamy “paste”, then mix this through the quinoa.
3. Lay nori sheets on rolling mat or chopping board. Spoon 1/4-1/3 cup of the quinoa mixture on top and spread evenly over 3/4 of each sheet.
4. Thinly lay the avocado, cucumber, carrot, zucchini, capsicum and salmon on the quinoa, (parallel to the edge of the nori sheet, horizontally).
5. Start rolling from the end that has been spread with quinoa and finishing with the end of the nori that was left unfilled.
6. Simply wet your index finger with water on the far edge until the nori sheet is damp (this creates a “glue” to hold it all together).
7. Place the rolls, seam-side down and cut each roll into 6-8 pieces. Enjoy!!