Sage & Bacon Garlic Bread
by Fresh Factory
This big & bold cheesy garlic bread is a meal on its own! You can enjoy both the juiciness and crispiness of the bacon tucked into the wonderfully garlicky ciabatta. An ultimate crowd pleaser!
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 packet(400g) streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- A large handful of fresh sage (we love Superb Herb)
- 100g butter (we love Anchor)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics sea salt flakes
- A drizzle of Chantal Organics extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (we love Perfect Italiano)
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper and turn oven to 220C
2. Slice the bread into diagonal slices,cutting almost all the way through but not quite, so the loaf stays intact.
3. Melt the butter and mix in the garlic.
4. Spoon in the garlic butter generously in each cut, followed by the grated mozzarella.
5. Now insert the sage and streaky bacon into the cracks so they are still peeking out the top to get the crispy edges.
6. Sprinkle olive oil and salt on top and bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
7. Serve hot and devour!