Rosemary, Lemon, Honey & Macadamia Oil Cake
by Fresh Factory
The rosemary is a taste sensation in this lemon and honey cake. Macadamia oil and ground almonds add a humble nutty flavour to the cake and help keep it moist yet light.
For the Cake
- 4 large eggs (we love Frenz)
- ½ cup Chantal Organics golden sugar
- 2 lemons - 1 zested, 2 juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 sprigs Rosemary - finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 cup ground almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ½ cup Chantal Organics plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
For the glaze
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp honey (we love Airborne)
- 2 tbsp Rosemary sprigs to garnish (we love Superb Herb)
We baked the cake in Le Creuset Springform Pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin with baking paper. Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice, rosemary and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add macadamia oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Fold through sifted flour, ground almonds, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Be very careful not to over mix.
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the honey glaze. In a saucepan over a medium heat bring the honey, rum and lemon juice to a gentle simmer. Give it a stir and take off the heat.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake while it’s hot. Remove from the tin once cool and dot with some rosemary sprigs.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Vanilla Bean Ice cream (we love Kapiti)