Roast Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
by Chloe Moir
Pumpkins and carrots are full of fibre, potassium and vitamin C, and their earthy yet sweet flavour make them our favourite root vegetables. Here’s a tasty soup to try at home.
- 1 small pumpkin, skin removed
- 4 carrots
- 6 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 white onion
- 2 teaspoon Chantal curry powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 tin Chantal coconut milk
1. Cut pumpkin, carrot and onion into small pieces, then place on a lined tray with coconut oil, curry powder and salt. Roast for approximately 40 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown. If the garlic cooks quicker (depending on the size of the clove, take it out sooner).
2. Add the cooked vegetables, the garlic (squeeze it from the skin), water/stock and coconut milk to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Depending on your soup-texture preference, add more stock/water for a thinner soup.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste
5. Pour the soup into a pot to re-heat to the perfect eating temperature.
Serve with freshly warmed bread for dipping!