- 1 packet sweet stem broccoli (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of green beans, steamed 1 cup peas, blanched
- 1 microwave pouch of brown rice & quinoa (we love Sunrice)
- A handful coriander, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, toased (we love Alison Pantry)
- Chantal Organics Coconut Oil for frying
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- A handful curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
For the dressing: In a deep frying pan over a medium heat, dry fry the mustard seeds, chilli, curry leaves and turmeric for 2 minutes. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and add the ginger. Fry for a further 2-5 minutes until golden and fragrant. Add the coconut milk and gently bring up to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes so the flavours all melt into each other.
Heat the BBQ or griddle pan up to a medium heat. Drizzle the sweet stem broccoli with coconut oil and a sprinkling of salt then grill until charred and cooked but still firm.
Heat the rice as per packet instructions.
In a large bowl, mix together the sweet stem broccoli, green beans, peas, rice, coriander, coconut, lime juice and zest.
Pour onto a beautiful serving dish and drizzle with the coconut dressing.Serve warm.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)