- For the salad
- 2 large courgettes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 pack (4 patties) Bean Supreme Black Bean Beetroot Burger
- 1 block (200g) Haloumi Cheese (we love Mainland), sliced
- Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup peas, cooked in salted water
- fresh mint & basil leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- For the courgette dip
- 2 large courgettes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- A drizzle avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup plain yoghurt (we love Anchor)
- 2 tablespoons Chantal Organics Tahini Hulled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper
Make the courgette dip. Heat a generous drizzle of avocado cooking oil in a non stick fry pan over medium high heat. Add the diced courgettes and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Fry until the courgettes are soft and well browned.Cool.
Process the cooked courgette mixture, tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice, Extra Virgin Avocado oil, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat a char-grill pan or barbeque over medium heat. Cook the salad courgettes with a drizzle of oil until cooked through and slightly charred. Cook the haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.Keep warm.
Cook beetroot burgers according to the packet instructions. Keep warm.
Divide the courgette dip between plates and top with the beet burger, courgettes, haloumi, herbs and peas.Drizzle over some more Extra Virgin Avocado oil and serve with lemon wedges.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)