Life Changing Loaf With Hemp Seeds
This recipe is inspired by My New Roots though we’ve made our own delicious changes. We’ve added in hemp hearts and protein powder to make this even healthier and to keep you full for longer. Once you try this dairy-free and gluten-friendly loaf toasted your life may be forever changed…
- 1 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Sunflower Seeds
- 3/4 cup golden linseeds
- ½ cup brazil nuts, roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 3/4 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp manuka honey, melted (we love Airborne)
- 3 tbsp extra Chantal Organics Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- To Serve (optional)
- Avocado, sliced (we love NZ Avocado)
- Chantal Organics Hemp Seed Oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- We used a Le Creuset heritage baker.
Preheat oven to 175C.
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Add the honey, coconut oil and hot water to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Line a bread tin with greased baking paper. Pour the seeded mixture in and leave for 2 hours (or overnight) – it should thicken in this time.
Bake the loaf for 40 minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
Turn out of bread tin onto a rack. Let cool completely.
Slice and serve the loaf with avocado, a drizzle of hemp seed oil and a pinch of sea salt.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPE IDEAS?
Sign up for delicious recipes and sustainable living ideas (don't worry, we won't spam you and we never share your data!)