Rainbow Bowls with Green Tahini Dressing
by Buffy-Ellen Gill
These colourful yet simple rainbow bowls from Buffy-Ellen Gill are the perfect thing to eat when you’re feeling like you’ve overindulged. They’re great for mid-week lunches, and fueling your cells with a tonne of vegetable goodness is guaranteed to make you feel energized and alive again in no time.
Green Tahini Dressing
- 1 cup parsley/chives/basil (mix of 2-3)
- 1/3 cup Chantal hulled tahini
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon flesh (~1/2 lemon or 4 tbsp lemon juice)
- 2 tbsp Chantal apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chantal tamari
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Mixed green leaves (mesclun, lemon sorrel, parsley, cos, rocket, baby spinach)
- Beetroot (finely sliced)
- Carrot (shred into ribbons with a peeler)
- Cabbage Radish
- 2 tbsp Chantal pumpkin or sesame seeds
- 1/2 avocado sprinkled with sesame seeds (black and white)
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice (optional)
- 4 tbsp Green Tahini Dressing
1. Blend all the dressing ingredients, except the olive oil, together in a blender.
2. Slowly add the olive oil to the blender while it’s on low to help it emulsify (thicken).
3. Create your own rainbow bowl however you like (use the formula above, or get creative), drizzle the dressing on top, and sprinkle with seeds. Enjoy and feel reinvigorated!