Pork Sausage Lasagne Rollups
by Fresh Factory
An interesting twist on the family favourite lasagne. Kids will love these fun sausage lasagne Rollups. They might even become your family dinnertime regular. Must try!
1 packet (250g) Lasagne sheets (we love Diamond)
Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the red sausage sauce:
- 6 pork sausage (we love Hellers Free Farmed Pork sausage), skin removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 cup red wine (we love Giesen Merlot)
- 1 tablespoon Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 can Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
For the roll filling:
- 2 cups spinach leaves(we love The Fresh Grower)
- 2 cups ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (we love Perfect Italiano)
- 1 egg Egg (we love Woodland)
- Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- Black pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (we love Mainland)
- Handful of Italian parsley, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
We baked this Lasagne Rollups in a Le Creuset Stoneware Heritage Deep Rectangular dish.
- Soak the lasagne sheets in a large pot of slightly salted-boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Refresh with running water, then set aside. Sprinkle with some avocado oil to prevent sticking to each other.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ⁰C.
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the sausage, rosemary and garlic and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is browned.
- Pour wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced. Add tomato paste and stir, then add tomatoes. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, egg, ricotta, parmesan and a little salt and pepper to make the filling.
- Spread the ragu evenly at the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- On non stick baking paper, lay out the cooked lasagne sheet and spread with even thick layers of spinach/ricotta mix. Roll up and lay on top of the ragu. Top with mozzarella cheese and parsley and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side salad!