by Kristen Capaccio
These popcorn balls are quick to make and kids love to help too. They are great for lunch boxes and perfect for parties. Try using our black tahini – its slightly sweet and will add a fun and healthy twist of colour!
- ¼ cup Chantal popping corn
- ½ cup Chantal brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup Chantal whole tahini
- 1 Tbsp Chantal coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. Pop the popcorn in a pan or air popper and set aside to cool. Pick out any unpopped kernels.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the rice syrup, tahini and coconut oil, stirring constantly until well blended. Remove from heat and stir in salt.
3. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat (little fingers love to grab a bite to try at this point!). Slightly wet your hands to prevent sticking and shape the popcorn mixture into small balls. Roll them in sesame seeds (depending on your taste buds). Cool on a wire rack or baking paper. Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days – if they last that long!