Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
by Gemma Fitzpatrick
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Here’s a nourishing smoothie bowl recipe that’s ideal for breakfast (but tastes like dessert) from the lovely Gemma at Sustenance.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp Chantal whole peanut butter
- 1 tsp cacao or good quality cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients into a blender save 1/2 cup almond milk. Start to blend. If your blender gets stuck, turn it off and give the jug a shake, try again.
2. Depending on blender strength add more almond milk as necessary to make a smooth texture but the less you add the thicker and more pudding like the bowl will be.
3. Once smooth pour into a bowl and top with your favourite fresh fruits and a sprinkle of granola. We love ours with this homemade buckwheat variety.