Paleo Bread with added Vegan Protein
by The Chantal Team
This low carb, paleo bread is made with hemp protein powder, which makes it packed with plant-based protein and fibre. It’s not only satiating but tasty and easy to make too. It has the perfect blend of hemp, almond and linseed, giving it a dark colour with a surprisingly good bounce and fluffiness to it (for a paleo bread)! Enjoy a slice with your favourite toppings, a bowl of soup or toasted with tahini and honey for a power-filled treat.
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup ground Chantal Organics Linseeds
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Hemp Hearts, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tsp Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Prepare a loaf tin. Cover the bottom with a piece of parchment paper and grease the bottom and sides with a little oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin. It will be thick, so use a spatula to spread it evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle hemp hearts on the top.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Remove and place on a wire rack and cover with a tea towel for 10 - 15 minutes to set. This avoids crumbling. Carefully remove from the tin.
- Let the loaf fully cool before slicing. Store wrapped in a towel or brown paper bag. It will keep for 5-7 days in the fridge.