Mexican Tomato Soup
by Ashleigh Burgess
A hot and spicy take on a classic tomato soup from the lovely Ashleigh Burgess. A perfectly warming dish for chilly winter evenings.
- 400 grams of Chantal Organics Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp of Chantal Organics Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of white pepper
- 1/2 cup of Chantal Organics Red Kidney Beans
- Salt to taste
1. Heat a dash of oil a large pot and place the garlic to lightly sauté. From there, add vegetable stock, and all spices. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste and whisk it through. Then, add your tomatoes and water. Add a dash of salt to taste.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, before taking off the heat to cool. Once cool, blend with a stick blender, I like to leave a few chucks of tomato through mine for texture. Add the kidney beans, then place back on the heat for another 30 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, cheese and your favourite bread or corn chips.